Wednesday, May 12, 2010

Going bananas!

Guess who finally got his bananas?

Yep! Isaiah did! I needed to run to the store to get some allergy relief medicine for the immense sinus pressure I've been having- haven't figured out a natural relief yet- and while I was there I figured I'd go ahead and get some bananas. I went to Kroger, I hadn't been there since deciding to try the GF/DF thing. It was just me, AJ, and Isaiah and we had some time to kill. It was one of the BEST shopping trips in a long time! See, Whole Foods- the only natural store around- is a good 30-40 minutes away. Depending on traffic. Kroger is less than 5. I found soy yogurt and just about every kind of gluten free flour, including mixes and all purpose. Those are things that Wal-Mart doesn't carry. WOOHOO!!! I went ahead and picked up some eggs and some organic sugar so I could do some more baking. I also picked up the Red Mills mix of chocolate chip cookies. Those come in handy when you need something sweet and fruit just isn't an option!


I know I said I picked up bananas because of Isaiah, but truthfully I picked them up for me. Wednesday nights are hard for dinner time because of church. Usually it's either take-out (which is out if you are gf/df) or fend for yourself. I was looking at my friend's blog and came across a simple dinner, using nothing but mangoes and bananas. And wouldn't you know it, I have three mangoes in my fridge. I had been looking for something to do with them! Check out her post, and then the rest of her blog!

Living the Fruity Life: Got to L-O-V-E Sweet Easy Dinners


The meatloaf went alright. The girls did eat some, though it wasn't with usual gusto of say... chicken nuggets and french fries. But you and I know they at least got SOME veggies. Isaiah ate none of it, guess he's decided to try the slim look for a while... Nick wasn't too thrilled when I told him what was in it, but tried it and said it was good. We determined that part of the "different" taste was that I used turkey meat instead of ground beef. Next time I will use more seasonings.


On to day three...

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...