Thursday, August 5, 2010

About that time...

Walk into any store and you instantly see BACK TO SCHOOL posters advertising the latest deals... from clothes, to lunch boxes, to notebooks, to pens and pencils, they are everywhere! Just because you homeschool doesn't mean you aren't swept up in all of this! I've been busy buying pencils, notebooks, folders as well as preparing lesson plans. Yep, it's about that time...

I had played around with several starting dates, August 9th, August 19th (same as the public schools), today, tomorrow... But I finally decided my plans- for sure! lol Our first "official" day will be August 23rd. We will use the next two weeks (starting Monday) to slowly get into a routine (getting up earlier so I can fit my morning walk earlier, etc...) It will be good especially since a couple of days in the next two weeks are going to be busy and un-normal (not home or extra visitors).

Am I ready? YES!!! I have came up with a curriculum I'm quite excited about, a teaching style that will compliment (I believe) our family. I am excited about the topics (US History for one!) and I'm excited that I get to teach my kiddos! I'm not boo-hooing over sending them back and while I know there will be bumps, I am looking forward to the school year.

So... what's the agenda? These next two "get back into the groove of things" weeks will consist of some reading, writing, math worksheets, and flashcards. A nice slow approach to get their brain's warmed up! I won't go into details of what the first week of school will be about, I'll save that for another blog!

Now that school is falling into place somehow so is exercising and eating better! Every day this week I have went for a walk, sometimes it was just me and one of the girls and other times it was the whole family! I love it! Just another perk for me, it doesn't end in a couple of weeks. We'll still be able to do family walks or just one on one walks! How awesome is that?

I am looking forward to a great 2010-2011 school year with my 2nd grader, 1st grader, kindergartener (despite what the state says... lol) and preschooler! Can't wait to share with you what we have planned!

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...