Thursday, November 4, 2010

BIG changes!

I married a Missionary Baptist preacher... Two months later, he found his first church to pastor, so all my married life I've been a preacher/pastor's wife. Well, now I get to embark on a journey of being a missionary's wife. Now, if you are like me, you might think of a missionary as someone overseas. And you would be correct! But not all missionaries are overseas... We will be going from Arkansas to Nebraska. And not just any town in Nebraska, but a small town of about 1200-1400 people. It is very much a country/farm town. I will be moving from a town that is growing (think: IHOP, Applebees, Target, two Walmart Supercenters within 15 miles of each other, large movie theater, bowling alley, etc....) to a town that has NO "name brand" places to eat, one gas station, no traffic lights, etc. The town I live in now is about 30 minutes drive to a HUGE city that has EVERYTHING!!!! The town I'm moving to is about 30 minutes from a SMALL Wal-Mart Supercenter (that does NOT have as much variety as we are use to), a McDonalds, and a Taco Johns! That's quite a drive if you are use to McDonalds being a convenience. Basically, what I'm saying, is that my blogs should become quite interesting!

So what's the plan? Well, housing. As soon as we find housing we'll move... And our journey will change! I am praying we find housing that has a little bit of land and we are able to get a couple of goats and a few chickens.

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...