Saturday, January 29, 2011

~ February ~ Changes ~

February is days away and in just days some big changes will happen. The first is the financial fast that I mentioned in a previous post. This financial fast is not a result of a need. For the first time in a long time our finances aren't so messed up I wonder if we'll ever get back on track. Instead, this financial fast is to help us exercise patience. The only things that will be bought are the basics: food, bills, gas... The things that we will be doing without are the extras: magazines from the grocery store, cappuccinos from the gas station, fast food outings, you name it- even school supplies are extra at this point. We have a couple of goals: one is to add to our savings and the other is to give an offering to some missionary friends. Win-win!!! I don't think this will be too easy because I find myself at the store picking up this or that- things that we might use or would be highly beneficial to have. This month I'm going to have to exercise diligence!

The second change in February is for me, personally. Sure some of it will overlap to the family, but for me it will be 100%. I'm giving up refined sugar. Thankfully, in a couple weeks when we can have pasta it will be whole-grain- no added sugar! I'm looking forward to doing this for a month and who knows- it might turn into longer... I know we've been doing the Maker's Diet, but let's face it, there has been cheats. I can do this... I can do this...

Wish me luck!


1 comment:

Amber @ Be Sassy Classy said...

What a great idea to do a financial fast! I need to ponder that for myself. The refined sugar thing will be great for you. I've done it before and it's hard but feels so good in the end. Good Luck! (thanks for stopping by my blog)

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...