Tuesday, January 4, 2011

Second Semester Started!

Today was the second day of our second semester. After a 2+ month break (you know, moving, etc...) we started yesterday. It was a bit rough, but we made it through it. Today was MUCH better! We started History this semester. I love History so this excites me! Our lesson this morning was on Christopher Columbus. I finally get to use the globe I purchased for $5 at a resale shop! We talked about the continents and the oceans. It's going to be a good semester! So much to learn and teach! I'm also working on being relaxed when teaching- and not so high strung. I'm also thankful that Nick's schedule allows for him to help some before he goes and does his thing. It has allowed me to REALLY work with Faith in ALL areas that need help (reading, phonics, how to tie shoes, etc). Today starts piano lessons for the girls. That should be interesting as well! I hope they love it as much as I did!

4 comments:

Anita said...

Thanks for stopping by and commenting. It's always nice to meet new friends.

foundersacademy said...

Visiting you from the Homeschool Hop! My father is from Holdrege, Nebraska, and we still have family in Kearney and Grand Island. Glad to meet you.

lexi @ pink and orange coffee said...

our day two was much better too!

Stopping by to say hi from the Homeschool Hop!

Sarah said...

Glad today went well for you. We had a field trip today so I'm hoping tomorrow will be a good school day for us.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...