Monday, July 25, 2011

It's about time.... School Planning!

Summer is quickly winding down. It has been a busy one! Good, but crazy! We start at the end of August, but first we have a trip to Arkansas planned. Instead of waiting until I got back before tackling school planning, I started yesterday. Call me crazy, but I was EAGER! I'm trying not to get carried away, so I sat down and started with something simple. Or so I thought. Making a schedule for school turned out not to be as easy as I thought. Mainly because I didn't want to be tied into school work ALL day and I had three kids/grades to juggle.

First thing I did was figure out what time I wanted to start school. I am not a morning person and neither are my kids. Waking up and starting school at 7:30am would NOT be practical. So I took advantage of homeschooling- and came up with a time that worked! 8:45am! This gives us plenty of time to wake up, go for a walk, shower, dress, eat breakfast (which is when we'll incorporate Bible time), and whatever else needs to be done without rushing! Here's the rest of our schedule:

8:45am-9:15am Math for Mistic with mommy teaching/Reading for Faith & Aspen with daddy
9:15am-9:35am Science/History with daddy for all three girls and Isaiah and Mommy Lessons on T/TH) *M,W,F are free time which also allows me to get started on baking or laundry!*
9:35am-10:00am Math for Faith & Aspen with mommy/independent seatwork Mistic
10:00am-10:15am BREAK TIME
10:15am-10:30am Reading for Mistic
10:30am-10:45am Spelling & Poetry for Mistic
10:45am-11:00am Reading for Faith/independent seatwork Mistic
11:00am-11:30am Phonics & Language for F&A/finish seatwork Mistic, then break
11:30am-12:30pm LUNCH TIME chores and Faith will work on spelling list
12:30pm-1:00pm This is our catch-up time- seatwork for the kids or whatever
1:00pm-3:00pm QUIET TIME FOR THE YOUNGER THREE
1:30pm-1:45pm English- Mistic
1:45pm-2:00pm Penmanship- Mistic
2:00pm-2:15pm Reading- Mistic

Plus nightly readings for all three girls

The great thing about this schedule is that it is FLEXIBLE! If I need more or less time I can tweak it, but it's a great starting place.

I'm so ready for the 2011/2012 school year! Hard to believe I'll have 1st, 2nd, and 3rd graders- plus preschool work for the youngin'!

2 comments:

MissMOE said...

Great schedule. And being done by 2:15 is almost as heavenly as the time Dad works with the kids!

S said...

Great organization! This is my first year so I am hoping to get into a schedule after the first couple of weeks. I wouldn't know where to start yet! :-)

Stopping by from the HHH!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...