Thursday, July 28, 2011

M.O.B.

There's a first annual Boy Mom Blog Hop going on now! In case you're wondering, M.O.B. stands for Mothers of Boys. In case this is your first time visiting, let me tell you a little about myself and my family. I am a proud mother of a boy! One boy! With three older sisters! I know, I know... Poor boy, right? WRONG!!! This boy is ALL boy and as ANY mom of boys know, BOYS CAN TAKE CARE OF THEMSELVES!!!

I am a homeschooling mom, married to a missionary. We currently live in Nebraska, but the SOUTH runs in our blood! I blog random things, but mostly about my family and our life. Isaiah is 3 1/2 and full of life! He was the perfect surprise addition to our family and balances us completely. I can't imagine life without him! It's amazing at how God created boys to be different than girls. I remember when Isaiah first started playing with hot wheels. Nobody had shown him how to make the "car sounds" but the next thing I knew he was down on the floor "vroooming"! Now, tell me that God didn't create us! Only He would have been that thorough! Isaiah is a typical boy. He likes cars, balls, superheros and now villains!

Every night he begs me to read a bedtime story! Two of his favorites are:
Mater's Best Friend
Watch Me Go!

Mothers of Boys

6 comments:

Laura@OutnumberedMom said...

Boys are SO different! I have 4, but I found that out with the first one. I can't imagine what it would be like to have a mix of boys and girls; I'm so geared to an all-boy household now. When I wrote my book about raising boys, I had to do research on the "boys plus" household!

Great to meet you. Come on over sometime!

Krista said...

I think my boys would probably like both of those books! :) And yes, totally amazing that they pick up these "boy" thinks without us ever teaching them. Seriously, why do my boys pick up sticks and things and make shooting noises??? We don't ever watch that kind of TV, even at night!

Liberty said...

I love your enthusiasm for your boy! I have 4 boys! Our blog is www.youngmightymenofgod.blogspot.com

The Petunia said...

Thank you so much for your kind words! Super mom I am not, but I strive to be the best I can be for my boys, I think your super mom for homeschooling with 4 kids! ;) love your site and love this blog hop! looking forward to getting to know you, come visit me!

The Petunia,
http://petuniasescape.blogspot.com/2011/07/just-who-is-petunia-you-might-ask.html

Erin said...

It constantly amazes me how boys and girls are wired so differently! God is very creative, lol! I always think of how much having boys has taught me about my husband - I "get" him so much better now! Your little man is adorable! :-D

Meaghan said...

I'm visiting from the MOB Society. You have a beautiful family. How blessed you are to be able to homeschool your children. My husband and I have sisters and all our friends have girls. Our two boys are so different from anyone else but we wouldn't change a thing. come visit us
http://raisingourfamily.blogspot.com

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...