Tuesday, August 30, 2011

1st Day of Preschool

Bonding. Just another reason I love homeschooling. I love being around my children and I'm so thankful that we spend our days together. It's tough, it's challenging, it's (at times) stressful. It's worth it.

I'm not one of those people who think you must have a sit down, formal learning experience. I don't think you have to have work sheets and white boards and flashcards. I am one of those people who enjoy those things though! And it's what works for us and my kids learning styles! So, while Dad is upstairs teaching the girls Science (and then later History), Isaiah and I get to "do" preschool. Today was his first day! And he did great!

Learning about the letter A and the number 1. We glued yarn in the shape of an "A" and colored our "1" apple red!

This kid has some serious fashion going on! He hung our A flashcard up wherever he wanted.

Spiderman! I was very impressed with his fine motor skills. I don't think we've ever really circled things before and these are his circles- no help! And he matched everything himself!

Our book!

When our "lessons" were complete, he got to draw on the white board!

Bonding. This one on one time was amazing. It's hard to get one on one attention in our house- it seems like there's always someone around. Isaiah is my baby and I enjoyed spending time with him- just him- today.

How are you spending time and bonding with your children? Homeschooling or not, we should be making an effort to make sure every moment we spend with our children turns into a memory, a life lesson. We need to make our time with them count.

2 comments:

Mrs. O said...

How precious! I get to start with my preschooler this year and I am so looking forward to it. I hope we can get some one-on-one time too. Thanks for sharing, I am totally inspired!

Trophy and Barb said...

Your kids are beautiful and you look like you're having so much fun! Yes, I love the relationship I have with my children. We hate being apart from each other. Thanks for following my blog and posting my button. It's never to early to train our daughters, and I hope we can encourage one another thru the site. Thanks!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...