Sunday, August 28, 2011

9-Patch Pillow

I first came across the idea and how to by reading Raising Homemakers, but the direct link to the tutorial for a 9-patch pillow can be found over at Resolved To Be. Both are really great sites!

I decided that this project would be between me and Mistic. Friday we bought the fabric and decided that we'd attempt this project Sunday afternoon. I don't know who was more excited, her or me! At first, I was worried over exactly how much the cost would be- but it ended up being a cheap project. The fabric was under $2 because we found it on sale. Thankfully, they had cute fabric on sale and I didn't have to splurge on something more expensive. And a big bag of filling is around $3. We have fabric and filling leftover, too!

Ironing the fabric


Sewing the squares together


Stuffing!

Front! She was SO happy about this! It was a great mother-daughter project!

Back!

The others were working on another homemaking skill: snapping green beans!

A family that works together, stays together!

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...