Thursday, August 25, 2011

Homeschooling

I started homeschooling in 2008, Mistic was starting kindergarten. We did the first semester of it and then from January 2009-May 2010 she went to public school (last half of kindergarten and all of 1st grade). Faith joined her for the 2009/2010 school year. Since August 2010 we have resumed home educating and have no plans to stop! I'm so thankful that I embarked on this homeschooling journey in 2008 and even though had a minor detour we're still homeschooling.

In case you didn't know- I'm a homeschool graduate. And proud of it! I'm thankful that homeschooling has been such a part of life for me.

I rummaged through my blog and found some oldies but goodies I thought I'd share, as well as some for the now!

2008

My (then) preschoolers and Kindergartner!


Look! My (now) 1st grader doing what my (now) preschooler will be doing!

We did fun
science experiments!


2010
See how they've grown since 2008?

The first semester we did a lot of on the road learning! We traveled to a town in northwest Arkansas, Colorado, and Nebraska (and then moved to Nebraska at the end of the semester). We saw TONS of things! We saw the Butterfly Pavilion in Denver, the Cadillac Ranch in Texas, and TONS of other things in between! We didn't get much "book learning" in, but the memories and lessons learned were PRICELESS! (And would never have happened if we were in the public school system).

The second semester had us doing a lot of unit studies! One was a fun heart study.

Now
I have a 3rd, 2nd, 1st, and preschooler! Hard to believe they are growing up as quick as they are!

Where has time gone?


I'm thankful that my parents chose to homeschool me. I'm thankful that my husband supports and encourages me to homeschool our children. I'm thankful my children enjoy being homeschooled. I'm thankful to live in a state that homeschooling is easy to do.

The Marathon Mom: Thankful Thursday


1 comment:

Miranda said...

You have a beautiful family! I think homeschooling is a wonderful choice for some families. I've learned so many neat teaching tools from blogs and can't wait to teach me daughter at home, even if she goes to a public school too.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...