Thursday, August 18, 2011

Lessons Learned

10 Lessons your child could teach you

In no particular order...

1. To Pray Fervently: A sick child has any mama praying fervently for his/her healing, but what I've learned is that there is nothing like praying fervently and earnestly for your child to accept Christ and be saved. You realize that prayer is IT! You can't push them to be saved and you can't "pray them saved". You can just simply pray. It's a whole kind of different prayer when it's your child, too.

2. That I Can Be Patient Enough To Pick All The Red Skittles Out Of A Bag: I just learned this when my 3 1/2 year old woke up, wanting Skittles for snack like his sisters, but only wanted red. Instead of saying no and enduring many tears, I patiently picked out bunch of red skittles to make the little boy happy.

3. I Really Can Watch The Same Thing Over, and Over, and Over: Or read the same book over and over, or sing the same song over and over, or play the same game over and over. And you do it happily!

4. I Really Didn't Mean It When I Said "I'd Never Do THAT To My Kid: All good ideas about making them eat spinach for dinner goes out the window early. It's WAY more important to get through dinner with everyone happy than battling over spinach. As long as they eat something I've fixed I'm happy. Even if I did open a can of corn to go with the spinach because I know they eat corn!

5. I Don't Really Need A Lot In Life To Make Me Happy: I mean, really, as long as my kids and hubby are happy and healthy- I'm good. Nothing makes me happier than hearing silly little giggles and receiving sweet little hugs and sticky little kisses.

6. Constantly Refereeing Is Not Cool: Honestly... I get so tired of always having to break up fights and determine who really was at fault. I know it's all part of parenting, but I don't have to referee adults! LOL

7. I Have No Life Outside Of My Kids (and I'm okay with that)

8. My House Doesn't Have To Be Sparkly Clean: I prefer a house that looks lived in than a house that looks like everything is in its proper place. Don't get me wrong, we clean our house and try to keep the mess to a minimal, but really- with four kids in and out- that's a task in and of its own.

9. I Can Have Decent Conversations Not Centered Around Elmo: I just have to wait until they grow up a bit. My 8 year old and I have reached the point where we can have good conversations about anything!

10. Mommy's Kisses Really Do Make Everything Better




This has been a writing prompt from:
http://www.mamakatslosinit.com





3 comments:

Stasha said...

I agree with number 10.

And number 3. Although some of the shows do grind on my nerves just a tiny bit!

Tiffany said...

Loved your list. Number 10 for sure, but also on the not stressing over eating!

My daughter is at that age where she randomly starts praying for no real reason in particular. It's humorous, beautiful, and humbling all at once.

Stopping by from Mama Kat's.

SUPAHMAMA! said...

My 2 year old little girl would like to tell you that while not everything has to be SPARKLY clean it does indeed have to be SPARKLY period. Great post! I'll be checking in next week for another prompt post!!!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...