Tuesday, August 16, 2011

Number Activity

I've been spending a lot of time coming up with things to keep my very active 3 1/2 year old busy while I'm schooling his sisters. I was cleaning out my school supplies from last year while I was beginning the process of setting up our school room. I came across a few items that I had no real need for, but didn't want to get rid of them.

I started with a manilla file folder that I had extras from last years time doing lapbooks. I also had some flashcards- I have SEVERAL stacks of number flashcards. I realize Care Bears are somewhat girly, but I think it'll work regardless! Last, but not least, I was given some contact paper from my mom when we were visiting with her. That's really all I needed. It just so happened though, that I had some number cards typically used for calendar time. However, I had no need for them because I had other number cards that I would be using for that.


The object is to use the sun number cards to match it to the plain number cards and then to use beads (or cheerios, or whatever) to place the corresponding number on the bottom cards. Definitely a creative way to learn numbers! This is also something that he can work on his own, too!



I'm linking up at


No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...