Thursday, September 8, 2011

Week 2 in Review

This week has been a CRAZY busy week! However, we got a lot accomplished so I consider it a good week.

Friday we celebrated my husband turning 31! We had friends over and grilled some steaks! They were YUMMY!!

Saturday our town had a Fun Day and let me tell you just how fun it was! IT WAS AWESOME! I started the morning by walking a 5k with my friend. We joined up afterwards with our husbands and children and watched the parade. The kids had so much fun getting all the candy that was thrown our way! A car show was in town, so we stopped by. The men enjoyed that a lot more than the women and children did. There was a pink vintage car that caught Mistic's eye! We spent the afternoon at the town rodeo. It was a long day, but it was very worth it!

Sunday we had our normal preaching time at the mission, we started Sunday School after that though. I spent the afternoon baking. I did granola, lemon poppy seed muffins, and pretzels!

We put cinnamon sugar on some and coarse salt on the other! YUM-O!

I also knocked out one of my 3 in 30 Challenges! WOOHOO!! I painted my stove!!! (Ok, the hubby and I painted the stove!)

Before
After

Monday we definitely enjoyed the holiday with no school and we definitely labored! We've been working at improving some things at the mission- one project has been to paint a couple of the rooms. Let me tell you, these rooms have taken FOREVER to do! LOTS of primer! But in the end, they look good!!!

The top room was previously painted white- the bottom room was painted half dark blue and half bright yellow. Oh, and some red in some places. Looks good, huh?

Tuesday-Thursday had us doing a week's worth of school. We accomplished it and once again, I have notes for how to improve future weeks!

The preschooler and I had fun making a squishy bag. I first found the idea at Pinterest! Let me tell you though, Play At Home Mom rocks! Definitely check out her blog! She's full of amazing ideas! Anyway... we set to work at gathering our supplies and having fun!


Tomorrow promises to be just as busy as the previous week! I need to take some clothes to a resale shop. The first meeting of the local homeschool group is at the park tomorrow morning as well. I also want to visit the library in the bigger town that's 35 minutes away. Our local one is not cutting it and I'm hopeful that this library- while not huge- will be better. After all, they at least have an online card catalog! I think we're watching Soul Surfer tomorrow night with the oldest, too! And don't get me started on the weekend and next week!!!

It's all good, though! I'm thankful that I have this kind of life!

I'm linking up at The Marathon Mom!

What are you thankful for?

5 comments:

Sherri said...

Your stove looks awesome!!! I am so happy for you to not only have it done but also to be able to cross off one of your 3 in 30 already.
The pretzels look delicious. Are they hard to make?

Jeanine Byers Hoag said...

WOW! You have been EXTREMELY busy!! Congratulations on all you got accomplished in just one week.

I'm impressed! And your stove looks great.

Jeanine
My 3 in 30 Update

Amanda @ The Pelsers said...

Nice stove. I never would have thought to paint a stove. Go 3in30!

Dawne Shelton said...

Enjoyed reading about your 2nd week :)

Rhen @Yes, they are all mine said...

Oooo, the stove looks good!
Where is the post on making pretzels? Hmmmmmmmmm? :)

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...