Friday, December 9, 2011

Just making a note to myself...

I feel like crap when I eat sugar!

I know sugar is bad for you, but it's only been here in the last couple of days that I've really started "getting it".

I have a sweet tooth. Ok, I have a mouth full of sweet teeth. Sweets have ALWAYS been my weakness. I LOVE ice cream, milkshakes, cake, and cookies.

I do believe that things in moderation is the key and I don't believe having one donut will kill you.

However, for me, sugar is not good. I regret it majorly after eating it and my body hates me for it!

I feel like crap when I eat sugar. My body becomes lazy, my head starts to hurt, and I become sooooooooooooooooo unbelievably tired.

On the other hand, when I've ate good foods- and this includes healthy sugars in the form of fruit or whatnot- I feel refreshed, revived, rejuvenated.

Coincidence? I think not! If food is fuel for our body, then eating the right kind of food is as important as putting the right kind of fuel in your vehicle. What happens if you put the wrong kind of fuel into your car? It doesn't run right! What happens when you put the wrong kind of food in your body? It doesn't run right!

I'm hoping this note to myself will help me get through the holidays and birthday season. There's nothing wrong with enjoying a small piece of cake- but I've got to remember that it'll have it's own consequences. And sampling every homemade goodie is not wise.

I'm pretty sure it's called self-control.

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...