Friday, January 27, 2012

1800s, ballet, and bottled pancakes!?

The Homeschool Mother's Journal

In our homeschool this week…
We continued our study with the focus being in the 1800s. Louis Pasteur and Samuel Morse were studied,, utilizing YouTube videos, coloring sheets, and activities. Seriously amazed at how much the kids are picking up since shifting how we learn.

We've also bee doing a little US Geography and had a few laughs when trying to learn the capital of Louisiana.

Of course, the answer is Baton Rouge.

But.... the first time I asked my 6 year old she replied with "Robin Sue!" (You know... Baton Rouge.... Robin Sue....) and the second time I heard "Baton Robin". Oh well. At least we've figured out the capital of Nebraska is not Washington, but Lincoln. My oldest knew it was a president's name!

Oh the laughs!

Helpful homeschooling tips or advice to share… YOU know what's best for your family and what works for your kids... so do it!

Places we’re going and people we’re seeing…
The girls and I went to the ballet this past weekend! It was such a neat experience! The local college and dance school had put on a presentation of Sleeping Beauty. I thought it was the neatest thing and loved exposing them to culture!


My favorite thing this week was…
getting my Kindle Fire! Woohoo!!! I wasn't expecting it until Friday, but it came on Wednesday!

Things I’m working on… I really need to get back to my natural roots. Over the last couple of months we've drifted away from making our own items- such as laundry detergent and baking. So I've been gathering my ingredients again and creating my lists! It's time to get back to what I really like doing!

I’m grateful for… a supportive husband. He is the best! He supports me on everything I do or want! I couldn't make it through life without him.

A photo, video, link, or quote to share…
I don't usually buy things like this, but it totally intrigued me!

Pancake batter? In a spray bottle?



The kids and I both thought this was totally awesome and so we went ahead and picked on up last time we were at the store.

Surprisingly, they really were quite yummy! And organic!

3 comments:

Misty said...

That's so funny to me. Pancake batter isn't even difficult to make... Why don't they put something super challenging in a can? :)

Loved your story about Louisiana!

Our Side of the Mountain said...

Baton Robin, huh? LOL I bet they'll not forget Baton Rouge, LA now though! LOL

flmom said...

Too cute about Louisiana! I am so thankful for all the laughs I get to share being home with my kids.

I would LOVE to go to the ballet. I was just telling my oldest a few days ago I'd really like to see a production of the Nutcracker. I watch on television, but I imagine in person it is an incredible experience.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...