Thursday, January 19, 2012

Homeschool Journal: January 20th, 2012

The Homeschool Mother's Journal

In my life this week…
It was a more calm week than some, but it was also a more rough week than some. The first part was harder than the last half.

In our homeschool this week… we talked a lot about chemical reactions and the 1800s. And yes, my children are 4-8 years old.

Helpful homeschooling tips or advice to share…

I am inspired by… Michelle at The Holistic Homeschooler

Places we’re going and people we’re seeing… We're hoping to go to the ballet on Saturday- Sleeping Beauty. Should be fun! It'll be just us girls, too!

My favorite thing this week was… our hymn study. Both weeks of our hymn studies have been great! Everyone has gotten more out of it than I ever though!

What’s working/not working for us… Definitely the Charlotte Mason approach- shorter lesson times, variety of topics, it's great!

Questions/thoughts I have… If you use CM, what do you use for copy work and dictation?

Things I’m working on… I'm always and forever working on Sunday School lessons, ladies' Bible studies, and Girl Scout stuff. But I'm also working on our lesson plans for the coming week- looks like our studies of the 1800s will continue- Louis Pasteur and Samuel Morse!

I’m reading… The Witness by Dee Henderson

I’m grateful for… My family! They are my best friends and my biggest support system!

I’m praying for… my children's salvation!


Be sure to see who else has written in their journal.

5 comments:

Simply Taunya said...

For copywork we are using the Bible. I have the girls copy into a notebook 4 verses each day. When they are done they will have copied the entire 31 books.

Jenn @ Monkey Butt Junction said...

I love reading about what homeschoolers are teaching. It is always interesting! There's rare run-of-the-mill addition, generic science, or "history." It's always something with some flavor - like your hymn studies, or chemical reactions. That's the beauty of homeschooling - the world is so darn interesting, and it should be taught that way too.

Michelle said...

Whoa! Inspired by me?? I am humbled...

Lee said...

The ballet sounds like so much fun. I can't wait to take outings like that with my girl. Hope you have fun.

Julie said...

For copywork we use Intermediate Language Lessons by Emma Serl. It has a variety of language lessons, including copywork.
We have also used Write from Ancient History from Classical Reading and Writing Publications (available on Currclick). They also have Modern History and Medieval History.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...