Sunday, January 22, 2012

Warming Up

It finally snowed the other day. I mean, really snowed! Not a dusting. Not an inch, but inches! My kids (and my hubby) were SO excited! The first words out of their mouths, of course, were "Can we go play in it?" immediately followed by "Can you make hot chocolate?"

Here's our favorite way to warm up!

Hot Chocolate
1/2 cup sugar
1/4 cup cocoa
dash salt
1/3 cup hot water
4 cups milk
3/4 tsp. vanilla extract

Now.... I can't take credit for this recipe... it's on the side of the Hershey's Cocoa container.

But I pour everything into a saucepan, stir and warm!

Our favorite way to top it is, instead of marshmallows, to use whipped cream. Homemade whipped cream.

1/2 cup whipping or heavy cream and 1 teaspoon 100% pure maple syrup.

And to whip it! Whip it good!!! Whip it until it thickens. Oh. My. Goodness. SO easy and SO good!

We top our hot chocolate with a sprinkle of cinnamon. Mmmmmmmmm!

Once we've gotten our hot chocolate we like to snuggle on the couch using my birthday gift- an electric throw- and watching Little House on the Prairie or the Waltons.

I love cold, winter days! It makes the best snuggle, family time days!!!

This is part of the
Warming Up Winter Blog Hop

2 comments:

Our House said...

I love hot cocoa especially made from scratch!

Hidden Treasures said...

Thank you for linking up and sharing about our link up! Hot Chocolate is one of my favorite things ever!!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...