Friday, February 10, 2012

Baking Lessons and My Piano Special

The Homeschool Mother's Journal
In my life this week… I posted in my last weekly journal about how much I was looking forward to this week returning to normal. God must have had other plans. Why? This week was not normal! Monday went fine, Tuesday was ok. Wednesday came and half of us started feeling funky! The girls and I decided to do some baking instead of traditional lessons, and by Wednesday night Daddy was pretty out of it! If you know my husband, then you know when he goes to bed early something's not right. Thursday came and people started to feel much better, although not completely up to par. It was another day of home ec though and reading. Not normal, but not bad.

Helpful homeschooling tips or advice to share… Just remember, you can learn in a wide range of places. You don't always have to sit down and do a math worksheet to have a math lesson!

My favorite thing this week was… One on one baking lessons with my daughters! It's a true blessing to be able to raise future homemakers! It's an even greater blessing to spend time with them, teaching them and bonding with them!

What’s working/not working for us… Apparently schedules and plans aren't working! LOL

I’m reading… Kiss Me Like You Mean It: Solomon's Crazy In Love How To Manual! It's a funny, but serious read!

I’m cooking… I've already mentioned we spent a lot of time baking this week. The girls and I made cinnamon brown sugar muffins, lemon poppy seed muffins, banana blueberry bread, whole wheat biscuits, waffles/pancakes, and two loaves of farmhouse bread! Our freezer is now stocked with yummy and healthy breakfast (or snack) options! I love it!

I’m praying for… my children's salvation!

A photo, video, link, or quote to share…
I've been playing the piano since I was 6 or 7. It's been a part of my life forever! It's a blessing from God that I've used since then, I've been the church pianist in almost every church we've been part of. It's part of me! My style is very peppy and fun! I'm sharing my favorite songs, Victory in Jesus and What A Friend with you, my friends, to listen to! Hope this blesses you!

Be sure to find out what other mothers are writing about!

3 comments:

Judy @ Contented at Home said...

We've had several rounds of viruses recently--not fun at all! Hope you all are feeling better!
I enjoyed your music. :-)

Abby said...

I'm stopping by from the Homeschool Mother's Journal! I love baking too, and sometimes I forget that my children can learn just as much doing that as they can doing worksheets. Thanks for the reminder! In fact, our math today involves baking!

B. Martin said...

Stopping by from THC. We have a bug going around our home too. It has led to lots of extra snuggles. Your baking day sounds great! I'm thankful always for one on one time because these moments are fleeting.
happy Weekend!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...