Friday, February 3, 2012

Egg Muffins

Time for another quick-tip Friday!

I made egg muffins for the first time last weekend and let me tell you, they were a hit!

The hubby and I are trying to avoid carbs- at least the bad carbs- so these are simple and carb-free!

Egg Muffins
12 eggs
4 Tablespoons water
Bacon, sausage, veggies- whatever you want in your egg muffins.

We used turkey bacon and I cooked the bacon beforehand. Once the bacon was cooked, I crumbled it up and whisked the eggs, water, and bacon together. I add some Pace picante sauce, fresh garlic, a little salt, and a little pepper. You could add anything!

Since we are trying to avoid excess dairy, we chose not to add any cheese, but you could add some cheese to your egg batter or even top them while they're cooking with cheese.

Spoon the egg mixture into a lightly greased muffin pan. I absolutely love using my stone muffin pan from Pampered Chef! Great investment!

Bake at 350 degrees for about 10-15 minutes (depending on your oven).

They freeze well, so after they cooled I put them in a ziploc freezer bag and stuck them in the freezer!

Great breakfast on the run!

Be sure to check out other quick tips at: Noble Women 4 Christ

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...