Thursday, February 2, 2012

Thankful Thursday

I grew up in the south.

We had snow.

Usually in January or February... and it usually only snowed a couple of inches- if we were lucky. We tended to get more ice, than snow. And any precipitation caused school closings and life stopped.

We live in the midwest now.

And we get SNOW!


Granted, this year it's a lot less than last. Definitely a more mild winter. Even with that, we've still gotten quite a bit of snow. And more snow than the south has seen yet!

I know, for some people, snow is not a reason to be thankful.

But for this southern girl, it truly is!

I'm thankful that when it snows, it reminds me of "though your sins be as scarlet, they shall be as white as snow" (Isaiah 1:18).

I'm thankful that when it snows, it gives me a chance to spoil my children with hot chocolate, to lovingly help them get in and out of their snow clothes, and to capture the memories that are made!


I'm thankful that my kids get to experience a true winter!


I'm thankful that I get to experience a true winter! And more snow is suppose to come this weekend! We're all hoping it's true anyway!

What are you thankful for?

I've linked up over at:
TheMarathonMom.com

4 comments:

Lisa said...

Coming over to visit from Red Oak Lane. How wonderful that you and your children got to play in the snow! My kids love snow, too. We have had two winters of record blizzards and this year we only had one little storm of several inches. What seemed burdensome to adults was such a source of joy and happiness to my kids. :-)

Many blessings,
Lisa

Candace said...

Hello! Thanks for stopping by Sacred Mommyhood!

I love snow too! My kids really wish it snowed here in south Texas...someday we'll have to make a trip to the snow.

Blessings,
Candace

Sherri said...

Hi I am popping over from Love, Laughter, Friendship and Faith.
I live in northern Canada, where we usually get snow about 6 months of the year. This past winter had been very different. We have only had a dusting each time and it has been so warm that it is often melting before much can build up.
So I can totally appreciate you being thankful for snow!!
I hope you are enjoying it throughly.

Theresa said...

Thank you for linking up...I love reading everyone's posts because they remind me that we have SO MUCH to be thankful for. We needed a new roof and we have had such a mild winter here in the Northeast that I felt like it was God's gift to me!!

I must say, now that we got a new roof...I would LOVE a good whopper of a blizzard! It is so peaceful and hushed when it snows...and I love feeling all hunkered down with the family, making a big dinner and hanging out!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...