Sunday, February 12, 2012

My Valentine

I married young.

I was 18 1/2 years old.

I had only met my husband 10 months prior.

We had only started dating 8 months prior.

We had only gotten engaged 6 months prior.

I knew what I was doing.

The first Christmas we had as a married couple we did homemade gifts. We were poor! Kinda had, too! But our first Christmas was so special. We cut down a tree that was in the woods behind our house and placed it in a bucket full of dirt. We didn't even have a proper tree stand. We propped up the bucket with cement blocks!

My homemade gift was a "top ten" of reasons about why I love him!

The number one reason was because of his chili dogs!

I know, I know! I had listed other reasons like him loving me, and being a child of God, but the number one reason was because of his cooking skills.

It was a great laugh and he understood what I was saying.

Over the last almost 11 years he has done that more than once.

He's understood what I was saying all the time!

He's my Valentine this year, and last year, and Lord willing, next year!

We've had extremely rough patches in our marriage. Things have gotten really bad before, but by the grace of God we have not only survived, but grown stronger and closer.

I truly do love him more today than I did when we married.


I love being off the market, and I love this man!





Valentine's Day Link Up

4 comments:

Jenilee said...

what a sweet post! :) too cute. we were really young too and got married a year to the day we met. I don't regret a moment!

HappyMrsBass said...

Your post made me smile! I too got married at 18. I knew him a little while, then we courted for 3 months...engaged for 3 weeks...been married ever since (still waiting for kiddos though)! I just love my man! It was fun to see someone else who got married so young! Thanks for posting!

momto8 said...

what a great story!! I am off the market too! Lucky us!

The Encouraging Home said...

Thank you so much for linking up to Love One Another. What a sweet and cute post. Thanks for sharing!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...