Friday, February 3, 2012

Not my ideal week!

The Homeschool Mother's Journal

In my life this week… It's not been a typical, smooth running week. We didn't "do school" Tuesday, instead we took off 2-3 hours down the road to do some shopping. We hit Cabelas, Supercenter Walmart, Sonic, a health food store, and our favorite Mexican restaurant. Since Tuesday was such a long, long day, it made Wednesday off kilter. Everyone was tired. We do better with routine, and I'm glad next week should be normal.

In our homeschool this week… we learned about Alexander Graham Bell. You can read about our fun day in my post, Just another Monday, just another lesson. Other than that, we've just been doing some reading and watching School House Rock videos on You Tube. This has just been one of "those" weeks!

Helpful homeschooling tips or advice to share… In light of my "off" week, my advice would be to just go with the flow! It's O.K. if you don't have a good week full of pre-planned lessons and worksheets, what matters is if your children are learning. Trust me, they can learn a lot just by going shopping or listening to you read a book to them.

I am inspired by… people who live a totally healthy life! I wish mine wasn't such a struggle! However, I am inspired by those who drink green smoothies for breakfast, clean with natural cleaners (which, I do too, but...), and live a natural, organic life! They make me try harder on my own journey!

My favorite thing this week was… Totally spending all day Tuesday away from home! I love our small town and I love the ministry we have here, but it is so nice going away for some quality time with the family!

Things I’m working on… I have Sunday School lessons to work on, ladies' Bible study lessons, our school lessons for next week, blog posts, and grocery lists!

I’m reading… NOTHING! *gasp* I know... I just haven't had time. I must make some time.

I’m grateful for… the internet! I've made some great friendships, found yummy recipes, and can use it for school!

I’m praying for… a more loving heart.

1 comment:

Rhen @Yes, they are all mine said...

The "off" weeks are so hard! It is amazing that having one day not go as scheduled can affect so many more after it. :)

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...