Thursday, March 22, 2012

The Comforter- A Thankful Thursday Post

I'll be honest. I've been struggling lately. This time of year is typically hard for me. I still haven't fully adjusted to rural living and it's been over 1/2 a year since I've seen most of extended family. It isn't fully homesickness, but it's just one of the small factors that add up. Lately there's been a lot of little things that are adding up. It's been over a 1/2 of year since we've had encouraging physical support for our mission. You don't realize how much you rely/need a strong church family until you are the church. We have a few families that have been coming and we are SO thankful for them, but it just isn't the same! Of course, the culture shock is still there! I had someone tell me that they once visited Arkansas and they felt almost claustrophobic due to all the trees! I told them I felt similar here... There are next to no trees around here! Wide open fields... Anyway, like I said... right now, there are a bunch of little "issues" that on their own would be nothing. However, they aren't alone. They are added to another "issue" and together they are forming a problem.

Today, I'm thankful for My Comforter

"And I will pray the Father, and he shall give you another Comforter, that he may abide with you for ever." John 14:16

Did you see that? We have a Comforter!

com·fort·er/ˈkəmfərtər/
Noun:

A warm quilt.
A person or thing that provides consolation.


He really does comfort me like this. Does He comfort you like that? Yes, things can be overwhelming, but all I have to do is run to Jesus!

Amen!

What are you thankful for today?




8 comments:

Becca said...

I agree: I am so thankful He is my comforter. A real and tangible help in times of trouble.

Ryan and Carly said...

that does sound difficult. so encouraged that you are leaning on our perfectly able and strong God for your strength :)

Jennifer said...

It's wonderful that you are finding the blessing in it all. Thankful for our comforter! 8)

Heather's Blog-o-rama said...

I'll be praying that God will meet your needs right where you are!!! I know know for a certainty that where God guides, He'll also provide...so I'll be praying that God does that for you, too...whatever it may be!!! When I lived overseas as an exchange student, especially in the beginning, I was really lonely. While I was praying for God to bring me along some good friends, I also prayed that God would help me to be thankful for all the blessings I had right then and there...and that He'd help me to focus on those more and encourage my heart all at the same time. You know what? He did it, too :) :) Love and hugs from the ocean shores of CAlifornia, Heather :)

Tesha said...

Hi Erika, It sounds like you are a church plant, My husband is a pioneer pastor and it is a difficult road. So true what you said about the church family. We have so tried to be that to others, however new Christian rarely give back. I am also many mile from my Family....so I feel you pain I to am thankful for my Comforter. He has been extra gentle with me lately...our sixth child was just stillborn. Saying a prayer for you, I so appreciate your honesty--it blessed this grieving mommy's heart.

Sherri said...

Tesha prayers to you and your family!!!

I also know what it is like to be uprooted from everything and miss all everyone. I am praying God is with you and you are able to find strength and comfort through Him.

Theresa said...

I am sorry to hear that you haven't seen your extended family in a while and sorry to hear about the adjustment and other issues as well.

I always feel so thankful to be a Christian and to know our Father during times of trial...honestly, I don't know how I would make it through without that!

Theresa said...

I am sorry to hear that you haven't seen your extended family in a while and sorry to hear about the adjustment and other issues as well.

I always feel so thankful to be a Christian and to know our Father during times of trial...honestly, I don't know how I would make it through without that!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...