Thursday, March 29, 2012

The Skateboard

I absolutely love the Let's Hear It For The Boys link up that The MOB Society has each week. I don't always get to link up with it, not that I couldn't find something that Isaiah did to brag about, but I don't always have the time! However, this week.... I've got the perfect thing to post about!

My son is all boy! To some people, it's a little surprising just how much. After all, he has three older sisters. I guess that some people envision little boys dressed up in dresses with fingernail polish on, at the mercy of their sisters. Not Isaiah though. He is boy. 100%.

He's been asking for a skateboard for a very long while... I kept putting it off, telling him that he had to be older. I mean, he's 4 years old after all! I figured we'd tackle the skateboard around 9 or 10!

However, one day we were at the Family Dollar store and while the girls were choosing which lip gloss to buy, Isaiah and I were busy looking at other things.

I saw it first, but it didn't take him long to spot it either!

A skateboard!

And not just any skateboard, but the perfect one for him! It was just his size, too! I didn't know they made them that size!

Any guesses as to what happened next?

Yep! He got his skateboard!

And, of course, one of the first things he did was step on the skateboard real hard and made it flip!


Safety first... This mama made sure to lay down the ground rules... helmet, knee pads, and elbow pads! The best $10 investment ever! He rides his bike all crazy (I've seen him ride so fast and stop so suddenly that he spun around and faced the complete opposite direction!)


I definitely scored some mama points!




Be sure to check out the body scrub giveaway! One more day to enter!

6 comments:

Crissy at The Little House on the Right said...

My oldest boy (three) is very cautious and likes to stay close to me and listens when I give instructions and warnings.

But, my little one (eight months) is already trying to CLIMB things!!! I see a skateboard in my future. Thank you for sharing. He's a cutie.

mommy of Five said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
mommy of Five said...

yeah for mommy points!

Michelle said...

He looks thrilled!

Michelle said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Kelli Becton-AdventurezInChild'Rearing said...

What a cute little skateboarder you have! I'm afraid it only gets worse as far as the sports go ;) moms of boys have to be brave. if I figure that out - I'll let ya know!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...