Thursday, March 1, 2012

Thankful Thursday

The week began with us studying about Thomas Jefferson. It led into a study on the Declaration of Independence. I must admit, I got a little passionate when teaching the girls about this.

In case it's been a while since you've read it, you can brush up on it over here.

Naturally, our discussion on the Declaration of Independence led to discussions about the Constitution for the United States of America.

Does your homeschool lessons do that, too? One thing leads to another?

This week, I'm thankful for men like Thomas Jefferson, Benjamin Franklin, and the other men that worked on these documents.

The Declaration of Independence showed us how grounded in faith these men were, how they recognized God and His power, and it's sad to see how far we, as a nation, have came from this!

Photo from John Trumball


I'm thankful that the Constitution was made to promote general welfare and to insure domestic tranquility. The amendments allow people to be treated fairly and makes sure the wrong man isn't in office for TOO long!


I just wish we could get back to what once was....

What are you thankful for?


Mustard Seeds

5 comments:

Kelli Becton-AdventurezInChild'Rearing said...

Oh Erika, you should link this up for freedom fridays on MomsMustardSeeds.com - she has some wonderful free resources from the founding of our nation - also she's working with Founders Academy & they always post a free video totally worth viewing ;) love your post!

we also have a link up on my site called Kids in the Kitchen for recipes and family time in the kitchen ;)

Erika said...

I'll have to look into the Freedom Fridays! I don't know why, but I hadn't heard of it! Thanks for stopping by!

Lisa said...

I was thinking the same thing! I know Rebecca would love to have you share this at Freedom Friday! You are so right, Erika. We have gotten so far from the original intent of our founders. We have removed God from the picture entirely and especially now with the violation of our freedom of conscience, have just trampled upon the First Amendment of the Constitution. It saddens me greatly. Thank you for this wonderful post! Coming over to visit from Red Oak lane. Many blessings, Lisa

Rebecca said...

Yeah! LOVED seeing this post linked today!!!!!

Theresa said...

Thank you for linking up!

We recently went to Philadelphia and I have several posts of photos of our trip. I am so thankful to live in this country and for the vision of our forefathers.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...