Thursday, April 19, 2012

Birthdays, Water Parks, Donuts, and Sewing!

"In every thing give thanks: for this is the will of God in Christ Jesus concerning you." 1 Thessalonians 5:18


I really enjoy Thursdays, it's a perfect day to set aside to reflect on things you are thankful for. Sure, count your blessings... name them one by one... and do it daily. However, Thursdays are a great day to write up a thankful post! Just saying!

This week, I have a lot to be thankful for! 9 years ago I received the greatest title ever, mommmy. 364 days later I was promoted to mommy of two.


On Sunday we celebrated Faith Aubrey's 8th birthday! She came into the world almost 3 weeks early and weighed only 6 lbs! She has always been a tiny thing, but don't let her size fool ya! She's a strong one!


Monday, Mistic Renee celebrated her 9th birthday! She has taught me many things and I'd have to say, out of all my children, she's the one most like me. Good thing, and a bad thing! LOL


We spent Monday at a local indoor water park- a rare treat for us! We were the only family there- since it was a school day for everyone else.


Due to food allergies, we no longer buy donuts from the bakery. It's a fairly recent change for us, and some of the kids have missed them. Not that we ate donuts a lot, but it is something that was occasionally eaten! Thanks to The Happy Housewife's Homemade Donut Recipe my kids were able to satisfy their cravings!


I've also found out this week that my sewing skills might be stronger than I once thought! I have now converted three pairs of jeans into a jean skirt! With one of them having a nice trim!


Counting my blessings... Becoming a mother, celebrating birthdays as a family, going at our own schedule, quiet water parks, homemade donut recipes, sewing skills, willing family members to act as models.... Oh! And Mistic and Faith both received bikes for their birthdays so now everyone has a bike! We LOVE biking together!


Just to sum it up: My family!


What are you thankful for?



5 comments:

Cheryl@OntheOldPath said...

Hi found your blog over at Thursday almost Friday blog hop you have a beautiful family. I understand the desire to do things more naturally we are slowly moving that direction to. It takes time to make changes. I have only just started poking around your blog but I am guessing that many of these skills are new to you too. I had wonderful loving parents but all the back to the basic skills I am learning for myself and I am thinking how much further ahead my children will be than I was. Bit by bit it is a journey. Lovely blog having fun looking around. Blessings!

Sherri Davidson said...

What a great thankful post!!! That doughnut recipe looks divine!

Heather's Blog-o-rama said...

I'm thankful for your post, because you made me smile and take my eyes off of myself for a bit :) :) I'm glad you could find a nice doughnut alternative.

I've been struggling with staying away from coffee, specifically with cream and sugar and croissants...both of which I shouldn't have, but it's addicting. Love and hugs from the ocean shores of California, Heather :) :) :)

Jennifer Dougan said...

Erica,

What fun to celebrate your daughter of 9 yrs! Family is a treasure.

We like biking too.

Jennifer Dougan
www.jenniferdougan.com

Theresa said...

I completely agree on making a list of your blessings!

We love Little House on the Prairie and indoor water parks around here too!! Looks like a lot of fun!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...