Monday, April 16, 2012

"Blink" and you'll miss it!

Teach me to number my days
And count every moment
Before it slips away...

"So teach us to number our days, that we may apply our hearts unto wisdom." Psalm 90:12

I use to spend my days wishing I was older. I couldn't wait to be 13 years old. 16 years old. 18 years old. I couldn't wait until I was an adult. Now, as I spend my final months in my twenties, I can't help but look back and see a lot of time wasted.

I remember sitting in the rocking chair, rocking my sweet newborn. My firstborn. I vividly remember the tears I cried as I realized that time would fly by for us and before I knew it she would be married and gone. My husband laughed at me (after he consoled me, of course) and told me that I was wrong. Time wouldn't fly by that fast. My firstborn turns 9 in just a few weeks. Yes, my husband was right. It hasn't flown by that fast, but it is flying! In reality, I've already spent half our time together raising her. Another 9 years and she'll be 18 and beginning college or getting married. It is a possibility.

So I have to ask myself.... Am I going to look back in another decade and think of all the time I've wasted?

Follow me over to Raising Mighty Arrows for the rest of this post!


ChangedByTheMaker.comPhotobucketBlog Button Final"/>These Five of MineGrowing Home

4 comments:

Heather's Blog-o-rama said...

I remember a friend wisely told me once to stop wishing my time away :) :) I'm looking forward to reading your guest post over at Raising Mighty Arrows :) Love and hugs from the ocean shores of California, Heather ;) :) :)

What Joy Is Mine said...

Erika...Amen! What you shared is spot on! Time really is not on our side so we should be making the most of it when it comes to our family. Our oldest just got married this past weekend and I can remember the day he was born and now he is married. Where did all those years go? They are tucked away in my heart for always. Now I am learning to adjust to this next part of motherhood...letting go. Thank you linking up at What Joy Is Mine. :o) Blessings to you friend.

Kasey @ TFOMplus2 said...

You nailed it!!!

What Joy Is Mine said...

I featured you at What Joy Is Mine this week. :o)

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...