Monday, April 30, 2012

Last Week's Outfits for Modest Monday

It's Modesty Monday and I'm linking up over at The Modest Mom. She has asked that people link up pictures of what they wear during the week. We have basic wardrobes and aren't fancy, but here are some of the outfits we sported this last week.

My oldest definitely has her own fashion sense!

Ready for a workday! Notice leggings are a staple for us!!! Faith isn't wearing a skirt- mainly because I didn't realize that she didn't have one available! She is, however, wearing loose fitting capris.

My creativity took off! Mistic's skirt was a PILLOWCASE! It doesn't really poof in the front like the picture shows, it was how she had it fixed at the moment. However, no, it won't win any sewing awards! It does, however, make a good play skirt!

I was ready for a work day... Plain t-shirt, a mama's favorite look, paired with wide legged gauchos (but it LOOKS like a skirt, right?). I really like the gaucho look and always have... It makes you feel really girly, but is practical for biking and such.

Simple black shirt with a jean skirt I "converted" from a pair of capris.

Grocery shopping day! My oldest is wearing a basic black skirt that I found for her at the resale shop with a horse tee that her sister got her for her birthday (also from the resale shop). My middle children wanted to wear matching outfits, so you'll notice that we paired a simple pink sundress with teeny straps with a white undershirt. Bubba wanted to join the picture, too! Boys can dress modestly too... Notice he is not wearing saggy pants! Haha! Going back to the girls, you'll notice how adding a simple bow to their hair adds to the girliness!

We do a LOT of biking and it's my goal lately to find things that we can bike in- the girls are fairly easy. They already had some skirts that had shorts underneath it and they pair it with their leggings. Still working on getting the length a little bit longer, but for now....

Church attire! I fully plan on this look to carry on into their teenage years.

My camera quit cooperating so I couldn't get a full body shot, however, I wanted to show my jewelry. Premier Jewelry Designs is my favorite jeweler! They actually help support missionaries across the country! My earrings and necklace are from them (and the key to affording it is by having a party!). In the above picture, my oldest is wearing a necklace from them as well. I found my shirt on the clearance rack at Walmart and I paired it with my favorite skirt- my denim one!

This past week I finally converted a pair of jeans into a skirt for my middle daughter. She was the only one who I hadn't done one yet. You can see my other pictures here!

On top of just dressing more girly I've went through the girls clothing again- weeding and organizing. If you want to do something, there are ways to do it! You just have to start! I've been blessed with a supportive husband who encourages me to take a pair of jeans and make them into a skirt and likes for his girls (all four of us!) to dress like a girl!

My sewing project for next week? Leggings!!! I need to make some a tad bit longer and we don't have an ample supply!


PhotobucketBlog Button FinalThese Five of Mine”Feminine

6 comments:

Angie said...

Hey that pillowcase skirt looks fine to me! Your kids dress pretty much like mine!

BTW, love the gauchos too--we call em culottes, but same idea. :) I make them for my stepdaughter, haven't had the time/fabric to make mine yet.

Heather's Blog-o-rama said...

I love the idea of converting jeans into a skirt :) :) I'll have to look around my closet and see what I can repurpose, too. That's awesome that your hubby is supportive of you all :) Love and hugs from the ocean shores of California, Heather :)

Elisabeth said...

Our little girls wear leggings under their dresses for playing outside also. I always keep my open for them at the thrift stores and yard sales. You can never have too many leggings.

Blessings,
Elisabeth

a little of me said...

nice post thanks for sharing...looking for to visit more...blessings

What Joy Is Mine said...

Fabulous examples of modest dress. Love it! thank you for sharing at WJIM. :o)

Susan Godfrey said...

I also love the idea of converting jeans into a skirt, I just did that recently myself :)

Thanks for participating in Feminine Friday last week! I'd love for you to come back again this week! http://susangodfrey.com/making-clothing-more-modest-feminine-friday-link-up-party/

Blessings!
Susan Godfrey
http://www.susangodfrey.com

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...