Friday, April 20, 2012

Much Needed Food Changes

After my oldest had an allergic reaction on Valentine's Day to M&Ms, I knew it was time to take things serious with her nut allergy.

We've known since she was two or three that she was severely allergic to nuts and faithfully avoided anything containing nuts, however, we were more lenient when it came to products that "could contain" or were "processed in a facility". Not anymore!

It came down to me digging out her old allergy records. She was last tested a few years ago, but her allergies haven't changed. There were other foods that she would benefit from having them limited in her diet. Milk, soy, and mold- in some cheeses, leftover meat, etc... She frequently complains of an overall just not feeling well!

My middle daughter has frequent bouts of tummy problems- constipation, occasional vomiting. I've noticed that when we are on more of a "healthy food" kick, these issues are less. On the flip side, I've always noticed that when we have ate out more, her issues are often! She struggles with weight, too... She really could stand to put on a couple of pounds.

My youngest, the boy, shows signs of hyperactivity when he eats certain (not good for you) foods!

I, myself, have issues from the foods I eat- sluggishness, brain fog, intense cravings of sweets, sinus congestion, mood swings. I suspect candida.

Now, about the much needed change.

For two weeks my whole family will be on an elimination diet. Specifically, one that eliminates dairy, sugar (including natural from fruit), and carbs (including high carb veggies). It's very similar to The Maker's Diet, but not quite.

We will be eating proteins like eggs, chicken, and beef. Low carb veggies like avocados, broccoli, and tomatoes. Lemons and limes will help keep our water tasty!

And speaking of water, there will be lots of it!

Personally, I will also be doing a colon cleanse as well as taking a daily probiotic to help me in this journey. The girls and I also have an appointment with the chiropractor today- because if your body isn't properly aligned, it cannot heal itself!

I truly believe that we will all see results in these two weeks and I will be posting frequently.

The change begins today! I will hopefully be updating daily while on this journey!

Have you had to take things into your own hands concerning your or your family's health?

Holy Spirit-Led Homeschooling

3 comments:

Tina Hollenbeck said...

What do you do for your colon cleanse? And what probiotic do you use? I need to seriously get a realignment in terms of food, and I think doing a cleanse/elimination diet would really help.

Erika said...

Lower Bowel Formula and then I picked up Sustenex Probiotic. It was one of the few choices I had around here. However, kefir is an excellent source of probioitic!

Heather's Blog-o-rama said...

I'm totally with you and supporting you on this journey :) :) I also see a chiropractor and he's fantastic. It's really true about what they about how your health is affected when your neck/spine are out of alignment. Love and hugs from the ocean shores of California, Heather :)

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...