Friday, September 21, 2012

1 Corinthians 6:19-20


This verse has been on my heart and mind a lot lately.

I've struggled with my weight all my life and it's sorta ironic that I'm so into the healthy, natural stuff, yet I've really overweight. The reason, of course, isn't the foods I do or don't eat- because yes, I don't always make wise choices- it's because of why I eat. I've always been an emotional eater. I eat when I'm happy and I eat when I'm sad. I know this is wrong, but it's still something I struggle with. So yes, obviously, this verse comes into play with that.

But it also comes into play for all other areas of life, not just what you consume.

We don't belong to ourselves, but rather we belong to God. Shouldn't we be taking care of His creation? It goes to what we think, what we watch, what we read, what we eat, how we act. Are we taking care of our bodies?

Are we getting enough sleep?

Are we exercising self-control with our emotions? Anger and stress can cause health ailments.

Are we exercising? This keeps our body strong.

Are we watching what we eat, when we eat, and how much we eat?

Are we guarding our minds?

Are we abusing our bodies? Some will disagree with me, but tattoos change the appearance of your body. Do we have extreme eating habits that mess the inside of your body up? Alcohol and drugs can abuse our internal organs, too.

Are we taking care of the temple of God? We are bought with a price for we are HIS!

We are so careful to take care of the library book that doesn't belong to us and we diligently care and love the little gifts from God (our children), but many times we neglect us.

Glorify God with your life, glorify God by taking care of what He has given you.




1 comment:

Terra said...

Excellent post! (and as someone w/tattoos, I am not offended by your statement! It is absolutely true and I would not have them if I had been saved and taught earlier the verses you shared!)

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...