Wednesday, October 3, 2012

Gaining Control

I was addicted.

Everyone who knew me knew I was addicted.

I couldn't go a day without it. I had to have it and I had to have it several times a day.

It messed with my relationships.

I needed help, yet I was in denial.

I thought I needed it. I claimed it "helped" me.

But it didn't.

I was addicted to FACEBOOK.

So I deleted my personal account. It had been on my heart a lot over the last few months and I finally felt like it was time. Maybe I was finally being obedient, too.

No worries though, I still kept my Slowly Natural Facebook Page and I can still (for now anyway) be found on Twitter. Wondering why I didn't delete those?

I can limit my blog/page time and I'm not overly into Twitter. There isn't a lot of interaction on Twitter. There doesn't seem to be a lot of drama on Twitter.  For me, Twitter is something I use at times to INFORM. It's not something that I'm addicted to. I didn't want to get rid of a passion of mine- blogging and sharing, but I wanted to gain control.

I found myself being sucked into my Facebook feed. There was always drama somewhere and even though there wasn't anything beneficial or really informative happening, I couldn't walk away. I found myself having trouble shutting it off and doing something else- like spending time with my family and God. I would rather sit mindlessly in front of Facebook in hopes that something exciting showed up. Like what so and so was having for breakfast, right?

Don't get me wrong. I think it's great having a way to stay in touch with family and friends, but friends and family stayed in touch even when they only had pony express. I can still text pictures and updates to them using my phone. I'll still have email so I won't have to wait MONTHS to hear from someone. And I will still have a few outlets to encourage and be encouraged in the slowly natural journey!

I'm gaining control of my life and living it for Jesus. I can't do that if I'm sucked into Facebook. Besides, nothing in Facebook is more important than living for God.

That's why I walked away from my addiction... so I could gain control.
  


No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...