Friday, October 5, 2012

Lastest Happenings Around Slowly Natural

September was an insanely busy month for me. It marked the official end of summer and all of our summer activities. Life gets busy for us around April. We kick it off with back to back birthdays and celebrations for my oldest two children. Out of state family usually comes for visits beginning in May.

June and July are typically filled with church stuff- associational meetings, church camp, VBS, etc. We generally have our sponsoring church come up from Arkansas at least once to help with VBS.

August and September tend to be when we try to go back to Arkansas for a visit, revival, and the last of our out of state family visits.

The rest of the year, October thru March, is relatively slow. Sure, we stay busy with church things- Bible studies, youth group, fall fests. Yep, we have our typical school days. Sure, we throw in hunting and random activities.

I love October and the peaceful routine it brings!

I've had time to bake:
The Pioneer Woman's Chocolate Dipped Granola Bars- I used coconut oil, omitted the nuts (food allergy), and dipped in dark chocolate instead of almond bark. These are YUMMY!

Whole Wheat Honey Sweetened Oatmeal Raisin Cookies thanks to Jill's Home Remedies!

Old Fashioned Brown Bread- no bread machine here and PERFECT for sandwiches!

Whole Wheat Biscuits thanks to 100 Days Of Real Food! These freeze well and make for a quick and easy breakfast! I pre-cook some turkey bacon and we heat both up in our toaster oven.
*Yes, those are (sigh) plastic ziploc bags... Still working on that part*

I've had time to dig into some more natural things like:
Learning more about the health benefits of Diatomaceous Earth (Future blog post!)

Making my own elderberry syrup!



If you decide to order some elderberries, DE, or something else, please click here:


How to make tinctures (Future blog post!)

Homeopathy and herbs... I ordered a few Hyland's Homeopathic Remedies to be a stepping stone, but it also allowed me to get rid of my OTC items like (gasp!) Motrin and sinus meds! I have a lot to learn about both homeopathy and herbs, but they are definitely the direction I'm heading in right now!




No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...