Sunday, October 28, 2012

Mom Experience (and Monday's Mama Linkup)

I've been a mom for over 9 years. I've seen a lot, but I haven't seen it all. I'm here to encourage YOU and to let YOU know that YOU aren't alone. Because, after all, sometimes us moms feel like we are!

So here's a random list that I came up with of things that I've experienced as a mom....


Getting ready to leave the house and having a baby spit up on me

Having my toddler poop in his underwear, freak out, and try flinging it EVERYWHERE (yep....)

Tantrums as I try to teach them.... Tantrums at the restaurant, grocery store, and grandmas.

Little bodies crawling over me so they could sleep next to me (and me not caring). However, it resulted in lack of sleep.

Speaking of sleep.... not remembering the last time I slept through the night- even though my kids are older.

I do, however, remember many nights asleep on the couch because of colds and runny noses. They'd end up sleeping on me in an elevated position, although it was most uncomfortable.

Praying urgently to God that He would help my kids feel better when they were sick!

Praying desperately to God that He would save my children (and then rejoicing when He would answer!)

Searching everywhere for the best way to parent my children, only to realize that as long as I was following God they'd be fine.

Freaking out when I realized that my severely allergic to nut daughter had came into contact with them and was starting to swell.

Holding my breath as my toddlers would begin to walk and feeling like my heart broke each time they got a boo-boo.

Knowing full well that if I would just bring a couch to the bathroom I wouldn't have to take all these trips in there as I was potty-training. (I had 3 kids 2 1/2 and under at one point.... And then #4 came along not much after that. I WELL remember the potty-training days!)

Knowing that eating a diet of canned fruit and crackers wasn't exactly the best thing for them to eat, but knowing that it wasn't killing them either! (They can outgrow the picky stage! That was what my oldest would eat at about age 2. And only that! Now at 9 1/2 she enjoys a wide variety, including lettuce and tomato on her sandwiches and salads!)

Checking to make sure the baby was indeed sleeping. And breathing. (And I still do that even though they are no longer babies!)

Crying with my middle daughter as she would struggle through school (and learning to relax and let God guide her)

Making difficult decisions and hoping (and praying) that they DO benefit 

Knowing that no matter what happens in life, I am incredibly blessed! 

Can you relate? Got any to add?

Thanks to everyone who linked up last week! Great posts! Keep 'em coming!

From last week....
Tyanne from Lamp On A Stand shares:


We are commanded to urge [or encourage] one another forward.

“Forward,” as a Christian, must mean towards God’s holiness and away from evil. The Simplicity of Encouragement

I think as a mom this is a huge read! She puts back into perspective what true encouragement really is. 

Now, time for this week's link up!



The Rules
Please remember to:



Post things that are directly related to being a mom: How you handle a kid's sickness, what recipe did the kids LOVE, about your homeschool journey, etc.....

Use a direct link to that specific post, not to your blog in general.

Try to stop by at least
one other person's linkup! Spread the love!




Slowly Natural






Linked up with....
The Better Mom Mondays
The Modest Mom
Mama Moments Monday
What Joy Is Mine Monday's Musings

3 comments:

lamponastand.com said...

Such an unexpected surprise to receive this sweet shout out! Thank you, Erica!

Ashley Ditto said...

I hope I am not too late to link up! I had no idea you had a link up till now, so happy!

What Joy Is Mine said...

You took me way back in my mothering. Thank you for the sweet trip and for sharing at WJIM. Blessings.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...