Tuesday, October 23, 2012

Should've Been Me- 31 Days Of Thank, Day 2

31 Days of Thanks kicked off yesterday!

31 Days of Thanks

Today, I share my heart....

I've read the story
I've seen the movie
I give to charity
And tithe my ten percent
These I remember
But I so easily forget
All these years never heard it like this
Image courtesy of anankklm / FreeDigitalPhotos.net

I was out walking the other day and this song came on the radio. It struck me. See, I'd been struggling with
what to write for my thankful post. I was blessed to be part of this amazing 31 Days of Thanks series, but I couldn't find the right thing to write about.

It should've been me
It should've been us
Should've been there hanging on a cross
All of this shame
All of these scars
Should've been stains that were never washed
Why do I hide
Why do you try
Over and over and over again
I guess it just leaves saying thank God
It leaves me saying thank God, thank God
For the should've been
But once I heard these words I knew... I knew what I needed to write about.

Image courtesy of bela_keifer / FreeDigitalPhotos.net

The fact that it should have been me, but THANK GOD it wasn't!


It should have been me.... hanging on that cross. With all the shame, scars, and stains.

I live a good life
I love a great wife
Our kids are beautiful
We got friends down the street
If I'm so thankful
Why do I easily forget
That you died for all of this

It is so easy at this time of year to list what we're thankful for... and normally we begin with the fact that we are thankful for what? Our health and our family. Great things to be thankful for, but.... I was reminded through this song that I needed to be thankful for the fact that Jesus died for me!

What am I thankful for?

Image courtesy of Luigi Diamanti / FreeDigitalPhotos.net

For this heart you changed
This soul you raised
My God for taking my place
When...





What are you thankful for? Be sure to visit Kelli tomorrow!

Now, it's our turn to say THANK YOU to YOU! Each week they'll be different prizes you could win- just for being AWESOME!

31 Days of Thanks Giveaways

This week's prizes are:



a Rafflecopter giveaway




Shared with:
The Better Mom Mondays
The Modest Mom
Mama Moments Monday
Domestically Divine
Courtship Connection

6 comments:

Jills Home Remedies said...

I'm most thankful for my salvation and relationship with Jesus Christ!

Ashley Ditto said...

Beautiful post today!

Riggins Family Blog said...

Thankful for my wonderful husband without whom I could not do all I need to each day.

Stephanie said...

Of course I am most thankful for my salvation. Next to that I am thankful for what God has placed in my path to take care of for Him - my family. I have an amazing hubby and 2 wonderful children. All 3 of them are miracles to me and I love them deeply. I am very thankful for them.

Jacqueline said...

I love my Savior and am so thankful He chose me to be His child. Beyond that I am blessed with 3 miracle children and an incredible husband who has is growing in the Lord! Yay~ I don't deserve any of it!

raventhreads said...

I'm thankful that God gives second chances and that He wants the relationship with us that he does.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...